Helped

The votes have been counted and verified and I can announce that the colour I shall paint the sword and gems is…

… both!

77% of the vote was for orange and the remaining 23% for blue, however, Gar suggested strategically painting some gems blue and some orange. I like this idea as it will give the orange a better colour to compliment it and will prevent the colour from overpowering the rest of the miniature which was my concern. It will also allow me to use both colours in whatever designs I end up freehanding, thus tying everything in a bit more. As a result of the vote I will keep the sword orange, though I’m toying with the idea of adding a second, weaker glint on the curve nearer the end, but I will paint the gems on it blue.

Thanks for your votes.